I do almost all of my Christmas and personal shopping from the comfort of my computer on Cyber Monday. I refuse to do the Black Friday lines and craziness (shopping and pepper spray should never have anything to do with each other. Ever). To get the most out of the online discounts, follow these steps:
- Make a list, and check it twice. Spend some time to jot down the items that you intend to get and the online storefronts that sell them. It’s easy to get trigger happy with your mouse, but making a list helps you keep focused on budget.
- Diversify your portfolio. Your favorite department store website may have great deals on must-have items, but don’t forget about online merchandisers like Amazon that may have even deeper discounts.
- If you seek it, you shall find it. Google promo codes for your items. Whether it’s free shipping, or a percentage off of an item, every little bit counts.
- Aim high. This is the perfect time to get that big-ticket item that you couldn’t justify paying full-price for (like a plane ticket!).
- Have fun! Shopping during the holidays can be stressful. But, there’s no better feeling than giving someone a thoughtful gift. It’s not about how much money you shell out on a gift, but the thought you put into it that matters most.