Nothing says “desperate” like gifting a tie on Father’s Day. With just a little creativity, no one has to know that you waited until the last minute to get the dad in your life the perfect gift. Here are some ideas that will make the day memorable and show your appreciation.
- Take him out to the ballgame. He played catch with you for hours in the yard. Bring back those sweet memories by taking him to see his favorite team play ball. The bonus? He’ll enjoy nine innings worth of quality time with his kid, moments that come few and far between as you get older.
- Cut it close. An old-school shaving set is a great gift for a dapper dad. Sure, he may have a battery-operated shaver, but every gentleman knows the value of a good-quality badger brush.
- Everyone loves bubbly… And, he loves beer. Give the gift that keeps on giving and sign him up for a beer of the month club.
- Keep it glossy. If you’re really pressed for time, and low on cash, a magazine subscription is the way to go. It’s a quick and easy gift that will keep your dad in the know all year long.
- Give him the best gift he’s ever gotten — YOU. The best Father’s Day gifts are the ones that show how much you care. He’ll remember a gift from your heart for much longer than one that stretched your wallet. I made this slide show last year using old family photos and iMovie. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to top it.