It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.
– Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
It’s easy to be a cynic. Trust me, I know. Whether it’s a sarcastic tweet or a blog post complaining about a case of the Mondays, I’ve done more than my fair share of contributing to the negativity that has become a trend on these here interwebs. Don’t worry, this is not a manifesto proclaiming that I’m trading my dry sense of humor to be Susie Sunshine, but rather a promise to myself to be just as expressive about the everyday happy happenings as I am about the nuisances.
Being jaded is a trend that I definitely don’t want to follow. In the spirit of everyday happiness, here are 10 little things that brighten my day:
- Waking up early enough to have a sit-down breakfast before work
- Chair dancing to Marc Anthony songs on the metro during my morning commute
- My 3:00 p.m. cup of tea
- Trying out a new hairstyle, and it working out
- Shopping my closet and making new outfits out of old pieces
- My book club, the #Bookettes
- A fresh coat of bright nail polish
- A new pair of shoes
- Making it to the gym on time for my workout
- A spoonful of sea salt caramel Talenti gelato
Happy Wednesday everyone!