In addition to the official fashion shows sponsored by Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, there are a ton of events and shows happening in the city for little or no cost. Check out a few events (below) that you can attend after work.
Allure NYFW Lounge
Open until September 15 (9:00 AM – 7:00 PM), the Allure Lounge will be offering makeovers and other goodies, sponsored by Maybelline.
1) Blowouts by the hairstylists of the Ricardo Rojas Salon
2) Mini makeovers by Maybelline New York makeup artists
3) Post-makeover photographs by Perfect Profile that you can upload directly to Facebook and Twiiter
4) Hair product samples from Catwalk by Tigi
5) Live streams of the fashion shows
Empire Hotel, 44 West 63rd Street (between Broadway and Columbus Ave) New York City
Fashion Industry Professionals Networking Event
Fashion Industry Professionals (i.e., Fashion Investors, Design and Purchase, Warehousing, Distribution, Importing, Marketing Professionals, and Emerging Designers) are all invited to the Fashion Industry Professional Networking Event, which will be held today at 6:00 PM.
EVR, 54 West 39th Street, New York City
Click HERE to purchase tickets.
Fashion Week Show: Harmless Sociopaths by Mischka Velasso
Mischka Velasco Spring 2014 Fashion Show “Harmless Sociopaths” will showcase womenswear and menswear. The show will take place today (Tuesday, September 10) from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM and will include:
1) Open Bar
2) VIP Reception for press, boutiques and VIP’s at 5:45 PM
3) Fashion Show at 6:45 PM
4) Models from Mystik Model Entertainment
Loft 29, 525 West 29th Street, 2nd floor (off 11th Avenue), New York City
RSVP for entry: firstname.lastname@example.org